Friday, May 8, 2015

Facebook & Me...


Urgghhhhh…trending nowadays..not just trending but a must have item on everyone, from younger generations to old citizens. Let me talk about Facebook through my lense of view. I’ve started my account of Facebook in the year 2009. My wife came up the idea of having one account of mine because I’ve lost track with my old friends and colleagues after series of exchanging hand phones and numbers. At that time, officemate is the only friends that have listed in my phonebook numbers. She set up my account, loading my few pictures and of course the status whether I am single, in a relationship, married or whatsoever..(Of course you’ll know whatever status that she registered for me right!)..Then, kick off from that day facebook is the medium that I use to stay connected with my old buddies during primary to secondary school, plus my classmate during my diploma at UITM. That is how I use my Facebook. I rarely put up my status because I don’t have anything to share. I usually fill up my leisure time by scrolling my facebook to read and do some liking at the “like” icons. That’ is it. That is me and Facebook.



Nowadays, while doing my degree and master in Management and Information system, I come to realize that face book is no longer a medium of staying close with old friends but it is a medium of making money. In term of business, Facebook was the cheapest way to advertise your product and services.  We learned before that to advertise your product, flyers, radios, TV’s, billboards, newspapers are the tools that people used. Some injections of capital are needed to start of your business by using all those tools. If you’re not injecting some money, then the business is nowhere to go because people do not have any information about the product and services offered by you.

Then, the world is changing dramatically.. Facebook is fully utilized by more and more people especially by the part timers in business and marketing people. It’s the tool that is very popular because facebookers can see your products within seconds when they see the advertisement in Facebook. Handy, cheaper and easy, right? People do not have to put some capital and investment anymore. Click pictures of products,arrange it nicely, put some information or contact numbers, download that in your status..tadaaaa..Your business is kicking off in its own way. Even nowadays, thousands of housewives are  getting more money by doing some extra efforts in popularizing their products in Facebook. By just clicking and responding as soon possible from possible customers, then the money is transferred into your account. That’s how Facebook play its role in helping the business and information spreading in a second matter of time. 


Thank you to Mark Zukernberg. You’re the world‘s genius in helping small capital business people!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment